What is a Face Moisturizer and the Difference Between a Face and Body Moisturizer?
A face moisturizer is slightly different from a body moisturizer. The main difference lies in the concentration of ingredients. Face moisturizers are formulated with a lesser concentration of ingredients and are mainly water based.
The reason behind this is that the facial skin is thin and the sensitive skin pores get clogged easily. That is why the concentration of the ingredients is kept low.
The water-base of the moisturizer helps to get absorbed easily and quickly through the thin skin layers. Moisturizers for the body have a higher concentration of ingredients as the skin of the rest of the body is thick and would require a lot of ingredients for proper and complete nourishment.
How to Choose the Correct Natural Face Moisturizer
When selecting a face moisturizer to make sure to read the labels properly and see what the ingredient makeup of the product is. That will help you choose the best face moisturizer for your skin.
See for the following two critical factors in your face moisturizer to ensure the safety of the skin:
- SPF value: always look for a moisturizer that has an SPF of 30. That provides your skin with increased protection against the harmful rays of the sun and harmful UV rays.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are important to neutralize harmful species that produce as a result of excessive sun exposure. They help keep skin fresh and healthy.
The Essential Ingredients of Natural Moisturizers
Below are some natural ingredients that should be a part of the moisturizer you apply. Read labels before buying to make sure you choose the best daily moisturizer.
Best Face Moisturizer According to Skin Types
Skin is divided into three major types, Dry, oily or acne-prone, and combination skin. Each skin type has different requirements that should be kept in mind while buying a face moisturizer for it.
- Oily or acne-prone skin: always choose non-comedogenic moisturizers for oily skin to prevent them from clogging skin pores.
- Combination skin: combination skin is sensitive to many ingredients. Choose moisturizers that have hypoallergic agents in it and do not contain synthetic ingredients. Also, choose a moisturizer that have 10 or fewer ingredients.
- Dry skin: select a moisturizer that is heavy and contains moisture attracting agents. Ingredients like petrolatum help moisturize and nourish skin adequately.
More About Moisturizer for Face
NATURAL INGREDIENTS TO REPAIR SKIN LAYERS
BEST MOISTURIZING INGREDIENTS
BRIGHTENS AND EVENS SKIN TONE
COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SKIN TYPES
How to Moisturize Face Properly
- Wash your face properly prior to applying the moisturizer on the face
- Take a small quantity of the moisturizer
- Dab the moisturizer on the face
- Start massaging the moisturizer on the face in small circular motion
- Massage until all the product gets absorbed into the skin
- Let the moisture dry completely before applying any other cosmetic product