When it comes to topical application of oils, only a few oils are considered safe enough to be applied on the skin especially on the facial skin, and Organic Castor Oil is one of those. The oil has seen to impart numerous benefits when applied directly on the skin. These benefits include making skin clean and clear, reducing inflammations, killing bacteria, unclogging pores and healing various skin diseases.
One of the most important benefits of castor oil is that it heals acne due to its astringent properties along with balancing of the skin pH which prevents further skin breakouts.
The skin pH plays a very important role in maintaining the health of the skin and stopping it from developing acne and pimples. The pH easily gets imbalanced by accumulated dirt and bacteria. Many different forms of fungal infections can also disturb the body’s natural pH and result in various skin issues.
Regular application of the oil is a natural and easy way to heal the already done damage of the skin and keep it safe from any further damage.
If we link the properties imparted by the oil with its chemical composition, we can have a better understanding of all the oils benefits. The major part of the oil is composed of ricinoleic acid, which is an unsaturated triglyceride fatty acid, and responsible for the antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties of the oil.
So, the fatty acids that are present in the oil work on the microbes stuck in the pores of the skin and reduce the chances of inflammations, itching and other skin issues.
But, keep in mind that this does not mean that the oil is the same to ingest in large quantities. You need to be very careful when taking the oil orally, as the right amount of oil can help you with constipation; however, the large amount of oil can result in severe diarrhea.
Due to all the benefits that the oil gives, upon topical application, on the skin, Organic Castor Oil is an integral ingredient of many skin ointments available in the market. However, you do not require a prescription for buying the oil, and it is easily available everywhere.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE ORGANIC CASTOR OIL AMONGST ALL OPTIONS
Acne and pimples are the most common two skin issues. Majority of the people around the world are suffering from these. As the castor oil benefits for skin started to come forward, people all over the globe have started to apply this to treat their acne and other skin issues naturally.
So, how is acne caused, in the first place? There are two main reasons for the development of acne, one is the most common one, that is bacteria, and the other cause that is not known by many is, over-drying or dehydration of the skin. When the skin becomes dehydrated and dry, the natural defense mechanisms of the body get activated, and they start producing sebum from the sebaceous glands.
The excessive sebum produced by the glands starts to accumulate into the pores of the skin, and the pores get clogged. These clogged pores result in the growth of bacteria and other microbes that make the skin appear greasy and encourage acne development.
As more and more dirt and bacteria keep on accumulating into the pores of the skin, skin starts to get irritated, and it results in the development of pimples. They can easily exaggerate to the stage of development of pus and other serious skin issues.
These pus-filled pimples can burst after some time and cause two issues, one the pus that flows out can result in more pimples as it comes in contact with the skin, and the second is, that the pimples leave behind a mark known as an acne scar.
Castor oil for face has proven to be extremely beneficial for the skin, and it helps to treat skin issues in a three-way, they are:
- It gets into the clogged pores, kills and expels all bacteria and dirt and makes skin neat and clean. This way the root cause of pimple development is treated.
- It encourages the growth of new and healthy cells which make skin look fresh, radiant and healthy.
- It deep moisturizes the skin to prevent the activation of the natural mechanisms of the body from producing excessive oils and sebum.
There are many different types of medicated ointments available in the markets to help with acne and acne scars. But one major drawback of these skin ointments is that they dry out the normal skin cells too when drying the pimples and it does not effectively kill the bacteria causing the acne in the first place.
Acne is also treated by the help of antibiotics either by applying them on the skin or in taking them orally; however, the body becomes resistant to them after some time, and they no longer remain effective.
So, keeping all the above said in mind, it would not be wrong saying that Organic Castor Oil is an easy, natural, simple, inexpensive and highly potent remedy to treat acne and acne scars.
ORGANIC CASTOR OIL AND ACNE SCARS
Acne itself is a pretty big issue, but the problem equally as big as acne is the acne scars that are left once acne dries out. When the pus inside the acne spots starts to dry, it takes the form of dark colored scars that are extremely hard to treat. It can also occur if you scratch the acne spots or pimples.
It is often assumed that if you leave the acne scars, they will cure by themselves, this is false. Acne, if left untreated, leads to the formation of skin soars that are even harder to treat and extremely painful. These also leave scars that are very hard to get rid of and take a lot of time in getting cured.
But, castor oil for acne scars is your easy way to get rid of all the acne scars. Applying the oil daily lightens the scars and makes skin clear. The large amounts of triglycerides present in the oil heal the wounds underneath the scars and lighten the scars quickly.
The oil is found to be highly effective in healing all the acne prone areas and treating acne scars.
NATURAL REMEDIES USING ORGANIC CASTOR OIL
Acne is one of those skin problems that is being faced by the majority of the population, irrespective of the age group. So, instead of spending a large amount of money on manufactured products, people are looking for natural remedies to cure it.
It is no surprise that synthetic skin care products have their share of side effects so it is better to look for natural remedies, if you can, to cure acne and other skin issues.
It is better that you apply a few drops of Organic Castor Oil on your skin to avoid unwanted side effects. But, castor oil can be used in many different ways too, to have an increased effect of the oil and some additional benefits. It can also improve the healing rate of the skin.
There are many natural ingredients available and many different ways they can be incorporated with Organic Castor Oil to achieve synergistic effects.
Applying moderate temperature steam with Castor Oil, on your face is a very effective way to cleanse deep and moisturize skin. How steam works is that it opens up all the closed pores of your face and starts to wash the inside of the pores. While cleaning the pores, the oil droplets get into the pores and work to heal the skin. The oil also kills all the bacteria that causes acne and pimples. The oil also provides the skin with complete moisturization.
Apply moderate steam with a few drops of Organic Castor Oil
- A pot with moderately warm water
- A warm towel to cover your head
- Organic Castor Oil
- Put the water for boiling and warm until steam starts to come out
- Place the towel over your head and make sure that it covers your head and face properly
- Steam your face for 5-6 minutes. It will open the skin pores
- Once your pores are open and your face feels clean, apply a small amount of Organic Castor Oil on your face.
- Massage the oil is small circular motions
- Repeat this process daily for effective results.
- Once the acne is cured and the scars have lightened, do this process once a week to maintain the health of your skin.
Night time face mask including cold pressed castor oil, Camphor oil and Almond Oil.
- Castor oil
- Almond oil
- Camphor oil
- Take equal quantities of the three above mentioned ingredients.
- Mix them properly to create a homogenous mixture.
- Now, take the oil on your fingertips and start massaging it on your face.
- Let the mask rest and leave it to dry overnight.
- Use lukewarm water to wash the mask off in the morning.
- Repeat the above steps regularly to get the most benefit out of the mask.
This mask would help you get rid of recurring acne and will lighten all the acne scars
THE BENEFITS OF APPLYING ORGANIC CASTOR OIL TO YOUR FACE AT NIGHT
Regular application of pure castor oil on your face at night and let it stay overnight is a very effective remedy to treat all your skin issues. You can apply the castor oil directly on your face and massage it in, or you can apply the above-explained steam application method so that all the already stuck dirt and grime gets expelled and replaced by castor oil.
- Apply Organic Castor Oil on your fingertips and spread it all over your face.
- Start massaging the oil into your skin in small circular motions
- Make sure that all the oil gets absorbed into the pores of the skin
- Let it stay overnight, to get the most out of it
- Wash off the next morning
- Repeat the above-explained process twice a week to achieve optimum results.
Always keep in mind to exfoliate your skin regularly to remove all the stuck dirt, oil and grime
FEW THING TO CONSIDER WHEN USING ORGANIC CASTOR OIL
- The USDA Organic Castor Oil is highly viscous and can easily accumulate and clog pores, so it is advised to apply only small quantities of the oil and does not apply a lot of oil over the eye area.
- It can stain the surface it falls on very quickly, and the stain can be hard to wash off, so, apply the oil with care to avoid any staining mishaps.
- Ingesting large quantities of the oil can cause medical issues like diarrhea, so take care in intake of oil to take just the correct amount and also apply it around the lips very carefully.
- Always make it a habit to do a small skin patch test before the proper application of any skin care product. This way you can know about any skin allergies or incompatibilities that might result after its use. So, similarly, do a patch test for castor oil too to prevent any allergies from developing.
- The most necessary precaution is to keep any such oil away from the reach of children.
- As said before, the oil can produce a very dark stain that can be hard to wash, so always cover your pillow with a cloth to avoid dirtying your sheets.